I completed my triple zip pouch for the sew along.
As you can see my stitching was far from perfect.. My top panel is quite obviously slanted. And my zpper tabs weren't placed evenly. I had a bit of trouble sewing the zipper with the bulk of the fusible fleece. Next time I think I'll try a less bulky interfacing. I also placed the zippers in alternating direction. Let's just say I did that on purpose!
I actually sewed the top zipper inside out.. bah.. not the best sewing day for some reason. Seam ripper to the rescue there.
The main change I made to the pouch was the way the top zipper was done. I used Noodle Heads Tutorial to do an "open wide" zipper installation. I love thi method.. nice neat zipper end.
And opens nice and wide
I also had to adust the tutorial for directional fabric as the exterior fabric is folded to make the front and back. This means the pattern on directional fabric would be upside down on one side of the pouch. Can't have that!
To work around this you need to add seam allowance to the main fabric piece, spilt it into two and piece back together. I was just about to cut the main fabric in half when I realized that wrong! The main fabric makes up only part of the front (below the bottom zipper) and the full back.
I kept the main fabric one piece until the first (bottom) zipper was installed completely so I could see where the bottom pocket ends, and I cut the exterior fabric then, about 1/4" longer than the pocket.
The pouch was to be for my son's pad. For some reason I didn't think to make sure the finshed size would work.. the Leappad just barely fits in!
Fun project. Thanks to A Quilter's Table for the tutorial and sew along!