Finally I have another bag to show you..
Exterior is various faux leathers/vinyl
My favourite feature is the band that goes along the gusset and bottom
My least favourite part is the back, where I had a few problems with the zipper pocket. My zipper foot did not work well with the faux leather. (I had been using my walking foot most of the time)
Let's not look at that too long!
Inside has a zipper pocket on one side and a divided patch pocket that ran the whole length of the bag.
I love the argyle lining..
And between the lining and exterior I used... Shelf liner..
Yup shelf liner.. It's a thin foam and when I saw it at the store I thought I would experiment with it. The back is is smooth so I glue that that side to the faux leather. I think it worked ok.. The bag has some structure and stands up by itself.
Another first for me was the piping. Wasn't as scary as I thought! I made the strips but didn't cut the fabric on the bias.. I imagined there would be quite a bit of waste and was just feeling lazy.. I think it worked out ok, but I've never done it before so not sure how much a difference cutting on the bias would make.
I still haven't decided how long I want the strap.. I can easily remove links in the chain so I'll see how I end up wearing it.
This is my sketch (The bag is for an online class, we need to submit sketches and patterns as well as photo's of the final bag)
Overall, I'm pretty happy that it turned out as I wanted.. expect for the darn back zipper pocket..
Linking up to these parties